Lin's Conversational Master Bedroom & En-suiteA light & bright 1864 Villa with a hint of luxury
I'm so glad I met Sarah & Kim, it's great to know someone so talented with attention to detail
When Sarah first visited this 1864 Villa, it had huge potential to become a timeless classic. Our brief was to create a Master Bedroom that harmonises with the en-suite, and create an oasis to escape to. The client let us do just that, and with opportunity comes challenges.
One of the challenges with this space was getting light into this bedroom, with little ceiling space or light it was decided to use an LED strip light, placed on an angle to illuminate the room. Paint colours, wallpaper and project management was all required to pull this project together.
Using Aalto’s ‘Cut the Mustard’ as a main feature wall we were able to bring life to this high ceiling villa. The bedding & side tables all specified and supplied by Sarah Burrows Design completely pulled this room together, making it a complete sanctuary for the clients.
The En-Suite compliments the Master bedroom with the elegant feel. Using the same tile on the wall & floors we were able to make the space appear larger, by drawing the eye out vertically in the room rather than feeling closed in. The existing shub needed to be removed & re-designed for the custom shower. The custom made vanity in the ensuite really created space in this room and added more bench-space for the client. The room was small so we needed to be clever with the design and you wouldn’t even recognise the old ensuite.
Some of the features of the Master Bedroom include:
- Bianca Lorenne – Bedding & Rug
- James Dunlop – Window Treatments
- LED Lighting feature – Priority Electrical Whangarei
- Malcolm Fabrics – Harlequin Wallpaper Range
- Rembrandt – Side Tables & Head Board
- CC Interiors – Bedside Lamps
- One World – Gold Pane Mirror
Photography: Kellie Extance Photography
Let Us Solve Your Problems
Let's be honest - designing and renovating are daunting tasks. Time and time again we see people get bogged down with the intense level of detail required. They often forget huge aspects of the project and blow their budget to smithereens. But we've got you covered - Sarah Burrows Design will take care of you throughout the whole journey of your project.
1. ConsultationWe'll chat all about your project to get clear direction, help you create a budget and create a plan for next steps to take.
2. DesignInvolved throughout the process, you'll have complete control over even the finest of details. You'll even get photo-realistic renders of what your re-designed space will look like.
3. InstallationThere's no need to organise the installation yourself! We know all the best suppliers and tradies, which means we get you the best quality at the best price.